Panasonic Leica DG Nocticron 42.5mm f/1.2 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. Lens
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 85mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.2 to f/16
- Two Aspherical Elements
Only 1 left in stock
The Leica DG Nocticron 42.5mm f/1.2 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. from Panasonic is an 85mm equivalent prime for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. The fast f/1.2 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords more control over focus position for producing shallow depth of field imagery. The lens’s optical design employs a pair of aspherical elements, one UHR element, and one extra-low dispersion element to reduce both spherical and chromatic aberrations for improved sharpness and clarity. Additionally, a Nano Surface Coating also enhances contrast and color fidelity by reducing lens flare and ghosting.
Complementing the optical attributes, this lens also distinguishes itself with a POWER Optical Image Stabilizer, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. A stepping AF motor and internal focus design also offer fast and near-silent focusing performance that is ideal for both photo and video applications.
- Portrait-length prime is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides an 85mm equivalent focal length.
- Exceptionally fast f/1.2 maximum aperture offers notable control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques and also benefits shooting in low-light conditions.
- Two aspherical elements and one Ultra-High Refractive Index element help reduce spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- One extra-low dispersion element controls chromatic aberrations and color fringing for greater clarity and color accuracy.
- A Nano Surface Coating minimizes surface reflections throughout the entire visible spectrum for maintained contrast and color fidelity with a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- An internal focusing system, coupled with a stepping AF motor, results in fast, smooth, and precise focusing performance that is well-paired to both still shooting and movie recording.
- POWER Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.) minimizes the appearance of camera shake to realize sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- Metal lens barrel is accentuated by a dedicated MF/AF switch and an aperture ring for more direct, intuitive operation.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
|eatures||Lens Construction||14 elements in 11 groups (2 aspherical lenses, 1 ED lens, 1 UHR lens)|
|Nano Surface Coating||Yes|
|Mount||Micro Four Thirds mount|
|Optical Image Stabilizer||Yes (POWER O.I.S.)|
|Focal Length||f=42.5mm (35mm camera equivalent 85mm)|
|Aperture Type||9 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm|
|Closest Focusing Distance||0.5m / 1.64ft|
|Maximum magnification||Approx. 0.1x / 0.2x (35mm camera equivalent)|
|General||Diagonal Angle of View||29°|
|Filter Size||φ67mm / 2.64 in|
|Max. Diameter||φ74mm / 2.91 in|
|Overall Length||Approx. 76.8mm / 3.02 in (from the tip of the lens to the base side of the lens mount)|
|Weight||Approx. 425g / 15.04oz (excluding lens cap, lens rear cap and lens hood)|
|Standard Accessories||Lens cap, Lens hood, Lens rear cap, Lens storage bag|